Reservations for storing your hexayurt from the end of 2018 Burning Man to the start of the 2019 event are now open.
To request a reservation for your hexayurt, please complete this Google Form. Payment is not required now; this is only your reservation request. We’ll confirm that we have available space for you once we process all requests.
Please refer to this image if you do not know your yurt type.
|Yurt type||Foam thickness||Price / yurt|
|H12 (the most common)||1″||$198.00|
(Pricing for 2018-2019 is up only a tiny bit (less than last year’s rise). The fees we pay to the Burning Man organization for Outside Services permits went up again, as did general liability insurance. This is run at zero profit, so prices rise with costs only.)
Once your reservation request has been received & space allocated, you will receive a confirmation email, along with a request for payment. Your space is not guaranteed until your payment is received.
Reservations will be closed, and payments no longer accepted, on Monday, 6 August, 2018. Early payment is recommended, as unpaid reservations will be released to others after that date.
- The trailer will arrive on Thursday pre-gate, and yurts available for pickup late that day. (Date & time is still dependent on the schedule of the trucker we use.)
- All people with stored yurts will be furnished with the combination lock to the trailer on Monday that week.
- Retrieval is self-service.
- Yurts are packed so that you do not have to unload any other yurts in order to retrieve yours.
- The trailer will be placed in the Hive Village – location still TBD, but typically is around 7:30 and Esplanade. Renters will be notified generally in early August, when the Hive receives placement info.
- Two bike trailers will be available for you to connect to your bike & in order to transport your yurt to camp (so you do not drive a motorized vehicle on-Playa).
Drop-off for storage
- You will receive with the combination to the lock on the trailer before the event.
- Drop-off is self-service.
- Drop-off can be at any time on or after Thursday, 30 August (mid-burn).
- Place your yurt at the location indicated for you on the diagram taped to the inside of the trailer rear door.
- Secure your yurt loosely with the available straps. Final strap-down is done by us.
ALL YURTS TO BE STORED MUST BE DROPPED OFF BEFORE MONDAY, 3pm, AFTER THE MAN BURNS. (This is 2 hours earlier than last year.) The trailer will be locked (and combination changed) at that time, and no more yurts will be accepted for storage.
Refund / re-use policy
When you pay for, and confirm a reservation for your yurt storage, your space is allocated. It will not be re-sold, either before or during the burn. So whether you actually store your yurt or not, your space is allocated, and there are no refunds.
If you have any other questions, please contact us via this form.